Saturday 30 July 2011

High Street Round Up

I love shopping... I love shopping most when I'm with Queen Fi (yes I call her that in homage to Queen B off Gossip Girl) I enjoy picking out items I know she will adore and I like that we each have our own styles that means we can instantly point out items for each other. However today was a sad day in which I had to shop on my own.

I must say whilst we are about to enter August I am completely aware that summer is over here in the UK. Autumn is possibly my favourite season  I don't know why apart from I love the fashion of the fall.

The high street is in the transition period where the last of the sale summer items have been pushed into a back corner of the store and the new items for Autumn are here, yay!
This Autumn I am pleased to observe, is full of browns, maroons, burnt reds and petrol blue hues. Not only is this an amazing colour pallete that seems to be accentuated by mustards (and in H&Ms case greens) but these colours have been applied to clothes that all seem to have walked straight out of the 70's! Perfect!!

Autumn fashion is a 70's throw back with maroon flares, fascinating prints and incredible knits that I cannot wait to get my hands on.


This Topshop maxi dress appears to be a key piece for any autumn wardrobe with it's feather print detail that accentuates the waist and the on trend one shoulder design, not to mention the colours are a blend of the warm autumn hues. I might add it looks even better in store.

River Island has an incredible range of jeans, flares and palazzo trousers in a multitude of colours, naturally I want all of them! As that probably wont happen, I will definitely be getting some maroon jeans and teaming them with a petrol blue top, some wedges and plenty of bangles.

Miss Selfridge has fast become my favourite store, their shoes are fab, the dresses totally my style and their handbags are so delicious I want them all.

Today I really needed to buy a new perfume, I want Vera Wang Lovestruck but as it is a week til pay day I couldn't really afford it, especially as I had already bought Series 1-3 of Gossip Girl, Topshop jewellery and had my eyebrows threaded so I ended up with Rihanna's Reb'l Fleur as it was nearly £20 cheaper. I like it, but do I love it like Vera Wang Lovestruck? Fraid not...

No comments:

Post a Comment