Sunday 31 July 2011

Vogue favourites

This lovely Sunday afternoon was perfect for chilling with Vogue and I thought I would share my favourite bits from the August issue.

My absolute favourite part of this  months Vogue is Laura Marling being photographed in Givenchy fetish, black and white, absolutely divine! Then again in Clavin Klein later on. She is a complete and utter natural beauty who sits effortlessly on the pages of Vogue; unlike Pixie Geldof who is no more a model than I am (for the record, I am not nor will I ever be a model) I must say I am rather disappointed with Vogue for that appointment. On the other hand I think Tali Lennox looks beautiful in that feature.

Secondly, I love the article with Christopher Bailey, the god of Burberry. I love Burberry, their trenchs are iconic and their style is right up my street, unfortunately they are also way out of my price league. I think Christopher comes across as really down to earth for a fashion hero but makes me rather proud of being British. He proves that you don't need to be ruthless to get ahead in business and I like that.

Now I wouldn't be much of a marketeer without being drawn to at least one of the ad campaigns that litter the pages of Vogue and this month it is most definitely the Pandora 'Lost in a moment' pages, striking images that make me want to run out and buy not only all of the jewellery but the dresses and the backdrop also. So whistfully elegant, I love it.
I also like the playful Chanel ads too, tres chic yet fun, very well executed.

I could go on and on about the Nip & Tuck article and best dresses featured in the article but I won't ruin it for anyone.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment