Sunday 4 September 2011

The Look Directory

I was reading Look magazine the other day and realised I never ever  look at the websites that advertise in the back of it so thought seens as I can't do my normal shopping due to health reasons I would take a look at these websites.

First up www.thepokeyhat.com

The Pokey Hat claims 'Hot new and vintage fashion; unique clothing for the stylish indiviual' As I am a fan of vintage this advert caught my eye. I have put on a few of my favourites, starting with my most favourite of course:

This pleated vintage dress is £65, the colour is lovely and the style to die for... with pay day on Friday I think I will be purchasing it very soon.



This backless vintage red dress is my second favourite and is only £38, I cannot believe it!


This gorgeous lilac maxi is also vintage and £70 while lilac isn't my colour it is very nice and I thought I would spread the word.

Then the following two aren't from the vintage range but from a brand called Jarlo whom I had never heard of but apparently Keira Knightley is a fan.




I hope you like, these are all available at http://www.thepokeyhat.com/

Next up www.chiarafashion.co.uk which claims to be ''Celebrity inspired high street fashion at amazingly low prices"

Now my first note is that yes they are cheap prices, but they also don't have a signature style, there are over 800 dresses on the site and more than 300 tops. Which is unfortunate, they really need to refine their ranges and figure out what it is they want to be apart from a discount retailer.
I did find one nice dress and one pair of shoes, the dress is just £14 and the shoes, a bargain at £6



While the shoes are a bargain they are sold out in sizes 5 and 6, better luck next time!

On to Vestry.

This is one I have actually heard of. There are a few good items on there:



I really like the Asymetric dress that is just £26 and the spotted dress that is only £20 - I will definitely be buying this in the future. The jumpsuit I also like even though it is not my usual style, it is part of the 'Little Mistress' range and is £45.

Now these shoes are only £25 do you think if I paint the sole red, people may believe they are Louboutins?

So what do you think? Do you tend to stick to the same retailers like me, or, are you a fan of trying new places and use the magazine advertisements to find them?

4 comments:

  1. maxi dresses aren't really my thing but I love the shprt floral red one and the wrap around poka dot one. im actually pretty terrible for trying out new places but once ive seen a few reviews from different bloggers im more likely to check them out


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The short red dress has been seen on Keira Knightly so you know it's a good one! I am the same with maxi dresses I have 3 and never wear them. I got this weeks Look magazine today and there's quite a few more so watch this space :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the peep toes from Vestry and the black ones have hot pink soles, I ♥ them! I like the polka dot wrap dress too, very cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's settled it I will have to buy them!

    ReplyDelete