Sunday 4 September 2011

To new beginnings

So I have never really liked living in my little flat in Leeds, it was a huge step down from my last place but I think the way we had laid out the furniture didn't exactly help. It's not how I wanted it, but I let the boy have his way. Now that he has gone the flat has had a facelift with the help of my family clan who came for a visit yesterday.

My living room looks a lot bigger and I feel a lot more relaxed in here.


You may be able to tell that I have installed Instagram on my iPhone and yes that is Queen B on the TV and yes that is my knitting on the radiator.
This is exactly how I wanted my living room to look in the first place.


These LOVE ornaments are from Next and a lovely bronze colour. I bought them when in love but things happen and now even though it is difficult having them in here they make me optimistic for the future. Plus my side would look very empty without them!


My favourite accessory in my living room is my lantern, would you believe it was only £10 from B&M?! Bargain! Originally I had it in my bedroom but it somehow ended up in my living room when we moved and I think it looks great.

Then there is the teal armchair, it was a toss up between this armchair and the rocking chair for what takes pride of place in the living room but the armchair won. Both are hand me downs from my Nan, she re-upholstered the armchair especially for me and the rocking chair I rescued when she was contemplating throwing it on the skip.


I love the way it complements the living room and is the perfect place for reading a good book with a cup of coffee and a bar of chocolate.

And to the newest addition...


I got this Tillandsia plant from Asda yesterday, it was only £5 including the silver plant pot.

This is how it should look soon, it sprouts little purple flowers:


I will keep you posted on how it looks.


So what do you think? Any improvements I could make?

No comments:

Post a Comment