Monday 22 August 2011

Life Changes and Hair Changes

So big downer this week... no deets but broke up with the boyfriend. At the same time as coming to the conclusion that I needed to dye my hair dark as it was too expensive to maintain my white blonde look. So major changes this week! I thought I would add some images to show the transformation.

So as you can see I had rather white blonde hair, I used to flash completely white in photos as for some reason my skin goes the colour of my hair in photos... see next image!

I toddled down to Sketch Hair in Leeds City Centre, I couldn't recommend them highly enough. My hairdresser Lauren is a superstar, and the new boy gives amazing head massages! I was rather aprehensive about going brunette as I have had it done before and it has gone red / ginger but needs must. So you can imagine my face when this happened....


No I wasn't ill... no I'm not a vampire.... no I'm not a ghost.... I just flash funny! Now this process is one that I haven't been through at the hairdressers. To put it in easy terms (as it was described to me) when you bleach your hair to the white stage I did you strip out all of the melanin, so when you want to go dark (as I didn't really but had to) you need to add this pigment to your hair so the colour has something to cling to and dye. So without further adue, please see my new colour...


It's a massive change I still can't get used to it but my family love it even though I have been told it makes me look more like a b**ch!

So as you can imagine my old make up just does not cut it with my new hair colour, so I went in to the Body Shop for a free makeover. The lovely Jonathon did a brilliant job and while I couldn't afford the £130 worth of products he used, yes I really do need that much make up(!) I can give you the run down on what he used.





So for my face he used a warm moisturising foundation, powder, bronzer, and both shimmer waves, one for blusher and one for highlighting. I was able to purchase the moisturiser, bronzer, & blusher shimmer waves and I would recommend them all.

For my eyes he used:




The blue shimmer cube, his smokey day time look was brilliant but I had some similar colours in my urban decay set so I didn't buy it but I have recreated the look using different colours also. I bought the eyebrow kit though as for the first time darker eyebrows seemed necessary and looked really good when he did it.



To finish the look he used a dusty pink lipstick followed by a high shine lip gloss that was really nice, I would have gone for a darker lip though. The lip gloss came free as I bought more than 2 products, bonus! I will definitely be calling back at the Body Shop for the other products when I get some money.










No comments:

Post a Comment